Easy | 10 min.+20 min. forno | 12 pax
- 1 sheet puff pastry for tarts
- 2 to 3 Russet apples
- juice of ½ lemon
- 125g sugar
- 125g butter
- We will start by opening the sheet of puff pastry and placing it on a pie dish with a removable bottom. Press it well against the bottom and edge of the dish. With a sharp knife cut the excess pastry.
- With the help of a fork, prick the bottom of the tart so that it does not rise up when it goes into the oven. Sprinkle the pastry base with two or three tablespoons of sugar, spreading it all over.
- Wash and slice the apples into thin half-moons, without removing the peel, and put them into the bottom of the tart in a circular form.
- Heat and melt the butter in a pan. Add the remaining sugar, stir to dissolve and then add the juice of half a lemon. Continue stirring until the sugar dissolves completely and starts thickening, to caramelise.
- When we draw a spoon across the mixture and it creates a ‘valley’, it is ready. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the apple half-moons, taking care to cover all of them.
- Finally, sprinkle with cinnamon and place in a preheated oven at 200º for 20 minutes.